Benvenuti / Welcome to

Pico

(page 3 of 5)

















  




The Church of San Rocco, formed part of the old town walls, and was enlarged in 16th century and also modified over the years. Nearby is the old town gateway of  the same name.



.  






Next - Pico (page 4)


The Church of  Santa Maria del Campo was a gift from Giovanni Scinto of Ponte Corvo to the Abbotts of Montecassino.

On the top of a nearby hill stands the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Leucio, which dates back to the 16th Century.  


The Italian author Tommaso Landolfi was born in Pico in 1908  of a noble family.

During the Second World War, this small town was situated right on the Gustav Line, and was under German occupation.  

Sadly, the town and its inhabitants suffered greatly during these times, resulting in 81 civilian casualties and much structural damage to its historic buildings.


Home   |  Contents  |   Tre Cancelle Farmhouse Apartments   |  Contact

Other Holiday Rentals in the South Lazio Area

Contact Us


Tre Cancelle Farmhouse Apartments Near Fondi Sperlonga and Itri


Tre Cancelle Blog


“Avanti Sempre Avanti” Blog


Holiday Villas Near Fondi Sperlonga and Itri




CONTENTS

Home

Sperlonga

Itri

Gaeta

Formia

Maranola

Trivio

Castellonorato

Spigno Saturnia

Scauri

Minturno

SS Cosma e Damiano

Castelforte

Suio Terme

Fondi

Monte San Biagio

Lenola

Pastena

Pico

Campodimele

Terracina

San Felice Circeo

Sabaudia

Sonnino

Priverno

Fossanova

Sermoneta

Sezze

Ninfa

Anzio & Nettuno

Pontine Islands

Cassino & Montecassino


Atina, & Val di Comino



Website, text, photos  

©  LM  Shapcott 2009 - 2016

All rights Reserved

Except where photos have been rightfully accredited to the photographer / owner